UPDATE: Fortnite update 21.20 is available to download on PlayStation, Xbox, PC, Android, and Nintendo Switch. Fans can install the update during the latest server downtime, which is expected to last until around 11 a.m. BST. As you can see from the leaks below, the new update brings changes to the Temple, which is now called Shuffled Shrines. The new update also adds the Charge SMG, along with a variety of new loading screens, new cosmetics, and more. More soon…
ORIGINAL: Fortnite fans are counting down to the release of update 21.20. The new Fortnite update has a July 6 release date and a 9am BST launch time for fans living in the UK. The only bad news is that since Update 21.20 is a numbered update, the game will be taken offline for server maintenance. Players won’t be able to log in from 8:30 a.m. until the game goes completely offline 30 minutes later.
Although there is no official server downtime schedule, the game is expected to be offline for approximately two hours. This means the game should be back online around 11am BST.
The news was announced by Epic Games on Twitter, along with a teaser on what to expect.
“You call that a downtime? reads an epic tweet. “Update v21.20 is loading! Downtime begins at 04:00 ET (09:00 UTC), with matchmaking disabled 30 minutes prior.”
According to Fortnite insider Shiina, update 21.20 is expected to bring changes to a few points of interest on the map. Likely competitors include Big Sleepy Sound, Condo Canyon or Tumbledown Temple.
Fans can also expect new details on summer events, as well as the release of Indiana Jones Battle Pass skins and items.
Needless to say, Epic Games will also be bringing a host of gameplay changes and bug fixes, which can be seen in the patch notes below.
Fortnite update 21.20 patch notes…
Main general problems…
• Friend accepted notifications may show up multiple times on launch for some players
– Some players may find that they receive multiple “Friend Accepted” notification pop-ups when launching Fortnite for the first time this season.
Main problems of Battle Royale…
• Server replays are not accessible
– Server replays are no longer accessible after v21.10 update. This includes competitive events that have replays in the Competition tab.
• The sapling icon may be misplaced on the map/minimap
– Players can see their sapling icon in the ocean or otherwise off the actual map and not anywhere near where they planted it.
Top Creative Issues…
• Tracking device
– We are aware of an issue that prevents the tracker for teams from updating correctly when multiple teams can use it.
• Prop movers and manipulators cannot be placed when not overlapping with props
– We are looking at an issue that causes prop movers and manipulators to not place when not overlapping with props.